4 Disks, 10 organs, over 5 hours
“TourBus goes to Luxembourg”
The 5th in our collection where we spend 5 hours visiting 10 great organs in the Luxembourg region, its music, people and places.
DISK 1 (1:15)
-- Paul Breisch of Luxembourg Cathedral demonstrates and performs
on the two great Cathedral organs: “The Good Shepherd” by Benoit
and the “Offertory on the Grands Jeux” by Couperin.
-- Maurice Clement of the Luxembourg Philharmonie demonstrates
that great organ and performs an improvisation for us.
-- Carol performs at St. Martin’s Church in Dudelange Luxembourg:
Toccata “Store Gud, VI Lover Deg” by Iver Kleive and “Mon Amour” by
DISK 2 (1:18)
-- Paul Kayser demonstrates and improvises on the organs at the Echternach Abbey and at St. Alphonse Church in Luxembourg City.
-- Alain Wirth of the Luxembourg Conservatoire introduces us to the last piano played by Franz Liszt and Carol performs “Andante” by Lefebure-Wely on the Luxembourg Conservatoire organ.
-- Mathilda Bargibant gives us a play on the Echternach Abbey Carillon.
-- Josée Tani and Carol at the Luxembourg farmers’ market.
-- Serge Tani shows us and demonstrates his home organ.
DISK 3 (1:24)
-- Carol performs “Fantasia in C minor” by Bach on Serge Tani’s home organ.
-- Bernhard Leonardy demonstrates and performs the organs at the
Basilica of St. John and the former Buckingham Palace organ now at the Chapel of the Knights which is just outside Luxembourg in
-- Carol performs at St. Martin’s Church in Dudelange Luxembourg: “Toccata” by Leblanc and “The Hebrew Chorus, Nabucco” by Guisepe Verdi.
-- Interviews with Jacques Dondelinger, President and Pierre Nimax Jr., Artistic Director of the Dudelange Organ Society, Luxembourg.
DISK 4 (:54)
-- All the performances together ( remixed for 2.1 stereo system or above )
1. The Good Shepherd (by Benoit) (Performed by Paul Breisch at the Luxembourg Cathedral organ).
2. Offertory on the Grands Jeux (by Couperin) (Performed by Paul Breisch at the Luxembourg Cathedral organ).
3. Improvisation (Composed & Performed by Maurice Clement at the Luxembourg Philharmonie organ).
4. Improvisation (Composed & Performed by Paul Kayser at the St. Alphonse Church organ, Luxembourg).
5. Improvisation (Composed & Performed by Paul Kayser at the Echternach Abbey, Luxembourg City).
6. Andante (by Lefebure-Wely) (Performed by Carol Williams at the Luxembourg Conservatoire organ).
7. Fantasia in C minor (by Bach) (Performed by Carol Williams at Serge Tani's home organ).
8. Improvisation (Composed & Performed by Bernhard Leonardy at the Basilica of St. John in Saarbrucken, Germany).
9. Improvisation on God Save The Queen (Composed & Performed by Bernhard Leonardy at the former Buckingham Palace organ now at the Chapel of the Knights, Saarbrucken, Germany).
10. Toccata (by Leblanc) (Performed by Carol Williams) at St. Martin's Church in Dudelange, Luxembourg.
11. Toccata (by Klieve) (Performed by Carol Williams at St. Martin's Church in Dudelange, Luxembourg, with video of the Luxembourg American Cemetery and Memorial).
12. Adagio, Concerto de Aranjuez (by Rodrigo) (Performed by Carol Williams at St. Martin's Church in Dudelange, Luxembourg, with video of the German Soldiers' Cemetery at "Sandweiler").
13. The Hebrew Chorus from "Nabucco" (by Verdi) (Performed by Carol Williams at St. Martin's Church in Dudelange, Luxembourg, with video of the church as well as aerial views of some Luxembourg Castles).
- Produced by Kerry Bell & Carol Williams
- Artistic Direction by Carol Williams
- Signature Cartoon by Sid Couchey
Copyright © 1985
Composer - Conductor
San Diego Civic Organist Emerita
Randolph College Organist - Organ Professor
Host of "TourBus" to the large & Small, Famous & Unique Pipe Organs of the World
Host of "On The Bench with Dr. Carol"
Artistic Director of The Virginia International Organ Festival